Tuesday, October 23, 2007

South End Open Market, Boston

This past Sunday I shared a booth with a fellow Etsy shop, Moderncard, at the South End Open Market in Boston. It was my first show and I had a great experience. A lot of work went into the preparations for it especially since I decided to make my own sign. I thought it would be a great idea to make it look like the tags on my items. With that in mind I began the design stage and searched around for some supplies. The first step was picking a size and getting the materials. I designed the shape myself using a 3D modeling software program I use for work. I generated the file and sent it to the shop to be cut on a special machine. I was so happy when it came back! Next was the paint process.
I do not have a lot of experience with painting so I had a lot help with this stage. We painted 2 coats of primer over the entire sign, then 2 coats of the pink center and off-white edge. Once those were dry, the brown ring was added and then the lettering. In the end, I didn't have enough time to add the "B Y MMC" so I printed it out and stuck it on!

Sunday turned out to be a beautiful October day and we had lots of visitors to our tent. Here are some photos I took-

No comments: